Sunday, November 14, 2010

Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems

AI has been the most mysterious topic for me. I have always wondered about human like systems, System which can show intelligent behaviour. Describing intelligence is quite tricky, as human minds can do such things that a AI system cant even imagine (imagination in system is whole new topic to discuss).

The raw processing power of human mind cant be matched by even some super computers. Developing the ability of deduction is what makes us human far superior to a AI. Of course we cant match the speed of calculations of a computer system, but an intelligent human don't need to calculate :).
Understanding a natural language like Hindi or English in its most destructive form, comprehending what we read then critically analysing it. Developing such behaviour in machine would be a very very difficult task. Its amazing how we get these powers of deductions, comprehension and analysis.
we can easily understand some lines like :- "Do you know me?" or "you know me?" or even "u knw me?". Describing such behaviour for a system would be very very tedious job.
Yesterday i was searching net for some great AI works. After searching for a while i found about some chatterbots. The systems that respond to human inputs with some really intelligent behaviours.

www.jabberwacky.com/

this system was most funny system i have ever seen. I was quite impressed by the behaviour model of the system. How it understand when i was lieing or joking (yeah it understands jokes :P specially mine ).
I tried to trick the system in many ways , by using difficult sentences, using poor grammar (its natural for me) ,using multiple sentences, repeating lines , saying things that don't correlate. and the system was near perfect to match the answers. Of course its easy to trick the system, but over all I was very impressed.

I really laughed out loud when it asked me my name and i said "bond , james bond". the system responded with "yeah , very funny". :P

No comments: