Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Guarding my Computer: My Avast

Its been 3 years, yes three long years and no other anti virus program has come even closer to Avast. I use Avast home Edition and its awesome.
Being on Internet is not safe specially if you are not aware. Mal ware, Trojans, Root kits crawling around. Your friends running with scissors (pen drives) ready to hurt your computer.
How does Avast prevents all of these?
Avast Home Edition

  • On access protection: protects you when files are accessed, very important for pen drives where virus auto run most of the time.
  • Network shield: when your firewall fails, which usually do. prevents infection from Networks.
  • Low memory print:  yes you wont even know Avast is doing its job.
  • Boot time scan: very important, if you are caught off guarded, which is rare with Avast.
  • Regular Update: gets updated 3-4 times per day automatically.
  • Home Edition: free registration for 1 year.
"I was checking the traffic details on my blog. when i saw new links. I curiously clicked on them, to check the source of this traffic. And suddenly Avast blocks a JS-infection from the site.
Thanks to Avast my computer is safe again. :P
This article was written after that incident."

No comments: